Young professionals in the field of disaster risk management are particularly important to DKKV and its members. For this reason, the "DKKV Promotional Award" is being announced annually since 2018. The prize is awarded for final theses that are related to the topics of national/international disaster prevention and rehabilitation, civil protection, adaptation to climate change or the integration of disaster prevention and adaptation to climate change. In addition, best practice examples that deal with current research results with future perspectives can be submitted. Applicants for the DKKV Promotional Award are expected to have graduated in an accredited degree programme.
- April 30th, 2021: application deadline
- approximately end of June 2021: end of pre-evaluation on the basis of the summaries
- appr. August 2021: end of evaluation of the theses and nomination of the winners
The winners are expected to be announced in September 2021 on the DKKV website and on Twitter. The award ceremony will be hosted and planned with regard to the current situation.
The submitted thesis must not be older than two years (24 months) at the time the application period closes (30.04.2021). Here, the submission date of your work is important, which therefore may not be before 01.05.2019.
Furthermore, only theses that have already been submitted and finally evaluated by your reviewer will be accepted. Please also note that it is not permitted to reapply with a thesis that has already been submitted in previous years. Of course, you can apply more than once, as long as it is not the same thesis.
After the application deadline, all application documents are first checked for completeness. The submitted abstracts are used for the pre-selection of the papers. The best of them will be shortlisted by the jury, which will then jointly evaluate the corresponding final papers.
The jury members of the DKKV Promotional Award are:
- Alexander Rudloff (Vorstand DKKV/GFZ)
- Prof. Dr. Lothar Schrott (Universität Bonn)
- Prof. Dr. Wiltrud Terlau (Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, IZNE)
- Dipl.-Ing. Sylvia Wallasch (Regierung von Schwaben/KaVoMa)
- Martin Zeidler (Vorstand DKKV/THW)