Young professionals in the field of disaster risk management are particularly important to DKKV and its members. For this reason, the "DKKV Promotional Award" is being announced annually since 2018. The prize is awarded for final theses that are related to the topics of national/international disaster prevention and rehabilitation, civil protection, adaptation to climate change or the integration of disaster prevention and adaptation to climate change. In addition, best practice examples that deal with current research results with future perspectives can be submitted. Applicants for the DKKV Promotional Award are expected to have graduated in an accredited degree programme.
The DKKV Promotional Award 2022 is supported by Stiftung Technisches Hilfswerk (THW).
If you are interested in learning more about the THW-Stiftung, please visit their homepage.
It is important for a successful application that the content of your work is related to the topics of national and international disaster preparedness and post-disaster risk reduction, risk and crisis management, or risk research.
Your work should therefore address one or more topics in this context that are named in the following word cloud:
- May 31st, 2022: application deadline
- approximately end of June/August 2022: end of pre-evaluation on the basis of the summaries
- appr. October/November 2022: end of evaluation of the theses and nomination of the winners
The winners are expected to be announced in the end of 2022 via the DKKV website and on DKKV's social media accounts. The award ceremony will be hosted and planned with regard to the current situation.
After the application deadline, all application documents are first checked for completeness.
The submitted abstracts are used for the pre-selection of the papers. The best of them will be shortlisted by the jury, which will then jointly evaluate the corresponding final papers.
The jury members of the DKKV Promotional Award are:
- Prof. Dr. Peter Schmiedtchen (Hochschule Magdeburg/Stendal)
- Prof. Dr. Wiltrud Terlau (Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, IZNE)
- Dr. Benni Thiebes (Chief Executive DKKV)
- Dipl.-Ing. Sylvia Wallasch (Regierung von Schwaben/KaVoMa)
- Martin Zeidler (Executive Board Member DKKV/THW)