The Munich Re Foundation, UNDRR and the Global Risk Forum are calling for project proposals on nature-based solutions for disaster risk management. With the RISK Award, which will be awarded in May 2021, they want to provite financial support to projects that are dedicated to topics like this and cotribute to archieving the Senai Framework, Agenda 2030 and the Paris Agreement.
Here are some of the Guidelines:
- The proposal must address the specific annual RISK Award topic
- The project must be non-profit. Business development is not possible to be supported by the RISK Award.
- The proposed project must include an implementation part (action), a proposal solely based on research is not sufficient.
- The risks must be related to natural, climate change and or/environmental issues.
- Risks due to social turmoil, war, chemical disasters, and/or political crises cannot be funded.
- We appreciate ideas to involve the people at risk (people centred approaches).
- We appreciate proposals which combine bottom-up approaches with top-down frameworks.
- We encourage project teams which are engaged in multi-stakeholder partnerships (different sectors, different sizes, different organisational background, PPPs).
Submission Deadline: 14.12.2020
You can find more details here.