The American Society for Civil Engeneers (ASCE) is calling for papers for the Natural Hazards Review Special Collection "Humanitarian Supply Chain and Logistics Management in Sudden, Urgent Events: Emergencies, Disasters, and Humanitarian Crises". The Papers should address some of the gaps in the understanding of humanitarian supply chain knowledge and provide an in-depth understanding of the issues and challenges.
Topics could be:
- Theories, concepts, frameworks on humanitarian supply chain and logistics management – reviews of relevant literature, methods, approaches, challenges, dimensions and key concepts, and cross-disciplinary theories.
- Governance and Organizations – Regulations, agreements, legislation, global response systems, and collaborative mechanisms.
- Pandemics, epidemics, and emerging threats response – Capacity and capabilities for vaccine development, facilities, preparedness protocols, funding and budgeting, quarantine protocols, transportation of people and things, hard-to-reach populations, technologies, and coordination and bottleneck issues.
- Logistics, resilient design and management – Risk and contingency management, transportation, budgeting, stock storage and distribution management, information management, human resources (volunteer and professional), resilient design, and coordination and bottleneck issues.
- Novel approaches – Resource-poor environments, agility, data and analytics, software for mapping, tracking, and forecasting, and case studies.
Submission Deadline: 01.03.2021
You can find the details here.